We love to show off our handiwork, it’s a clear indicator of the quality house painting work we do up and down England.
This smart semi detached home is in Upminster, Essex, and the owners called us in to carry out some minor repairs and then apply our famous exterior wall coating system.
Here’s what we did….
The problem with painted houses is the fact they keep needing to be repainted every couple of years at best, so wouldn’t it be great to not have to do that?
Wouldn’t it be very convenient to have it painted only ONCE during a 20 year period?
You would certainly save a lot of money doing that, and we all know how hard it is to find good painters and decorators nowadays?
Here is what we did to make this house maintenance-free for 2 decades.
The big problem with masonry paint, the most common form of paint that goes on the outsides of houses, is the fact it is purely decorative and offers no protection against deterioration due to the climate and the weather.
Our exterior wall coatings offer a full decorative and protective paint coating across your whole house walls, lowering heating bills, stopping damp, mould and condensation, whilst retaining stunning good looks.
Attention to detail is what we do best when we paint a house.
Although just like a painter and decorator, we are tasked with painting your house, we take a very different approach than you would normally expect.
Your typical painter will apply paint to the house and that is pretty much it.
Very rarely a “local” decorator will bother with doing any repairs needed, and very few are enthusiastic about correct and in-depth preparation of the wall surface prior to painting.
For us, the prep work is the biggest part of the job.
As you can see from the picture above, we make sure no paint mess, splashes or spills are ever made, so we cover the doors and windows with paper, and cover the floor and bushes etc with dust sheets.
This is after we do any repair and prep work to the home, which traditionally consists of….
- Power washing the walls to remove old paint and grime
- Removing loose and flaky paint
- Correctly cutting out and filling cracks.
- Replacing loose or missing silicone beading around doors and windows.
- Replacing any broken or missing pipes and gutters
- Curing and damp or mould that maybe present.
- Carry out repairs and alterations as advised by the client
- Replacing any loose rendering (or pebbledash) to a sound surface
This is before we even open a tin of paint!
The same careful preparation process was carried out at the rear of the house.
The grey colour seen on the walls had also been done to the front.
This is the first primer coating, applied by hand, and is known as bagging, although I still don’t know why after all these years in the trade!
This is a cement based slurry sealer and consolidates the wall surface, fills in any tiny holes in the wall, and acts as a “key” for the application of the paint-based primer we paint on to the house afterwards.
Once the primer coat is applied, and dried, we set up our spraying machine and spray apply the top coat of NEVER PAINT AGAIN masonry wall coating, and allow to dry before removing the masking paper and clearing up the site.
Here is the rear of the house after we had completed the wall coating spraying work
The whole point of someone paying us to do this type of work is the fact that once we leave the job, the owner of this home, or in fact any home, will not have to get the house painted for the next 20 years, and that comes with a guarantee too.
Some people may think this service sounds expensive?
What is more expensive do you think; paying a professional company ONCE in 20 years to paint your house, or paying a decorator, or any number of different tradesmen, 10 times, once every 2 years, to paint your house?
You don’t need a degree in economics to work out how much money (and hassle) is saved by having our paint system applied to your home.
The key benefits of a 20 year-lifespan exterior wall coating system
- No fading, chipping, cracking or peeling
- Resists rain, snow, dirt, mould and pollution
- Lowers your home heating bills, saving money.
- A 20 year written guarantee direct from the contractor
- Conceals cracks, scruffy pebbledash and uneven walls.
- Cures mould, condensation and penetrating damp.
- Hides previous DIY bodges or scars
- Never fades, with beautiful shades, textures and colours.
- Stops erosion, cracks, flaky paint, damp and mould.
Reasons to choose us to paint your home this year.
- Award-winning customer service, 7 days a week.
- Experience since 1986 in the UK, and abroad
- A range of beautiful colours and finishes available
- 20 year written guarantee on all work
- We work on all types of homes, including painting listed buildings
- Service available across the whole of England and Wales.
- Staged payment options available
- Clean, reliable and friendly workers
- Guaranteed fixed price written quotations
- Full support from our national dealer network
- BBA and architect approved materials
How to contact us to ask for a FREE home survey and quotation.
That’s the easy bit.
We are available for an informal chat over the phone during office hours, Monday to Saturday, on (0800) 970 4928.
We have a voicemail for after hours if you want to leave your details for us to call you back.
You can also email us for a FREE quote here.