Frequently asked questions
Whilst we try and put as much info as we can on our site, we realise that a few questions are asked time and time again, so here are a few of the most frequently asked questions about our exterior house wall coating service and the people behind it.
If your question is NOT here, don’t worry, we are just an email or phone call away!
1. Who are Never Paint Again?
We are a British family run, independently owned, specialist exterior wall coatings company. We deal solely in exterior building and construction projects, mainly refurbishing external walls of all shapes and sizes. We work on behalf of several major paint companies, and exterior wall refurbishment contractors.
2. Where is the company based?
Our head office is in Plymouth, Devon, and has been since the 1980′s*. We have smaller sub branches and agents across the UK, and also in Spain. We offer a UK national service and our installation head office is in Yorkshire.
Wall coating service is available in:
3. What does our company do?
We paint the exteriors of houses! We do this with top quality Exterior Wall coatings using the latest weatherproof long life paints, in a range of textures and colours, suitable for all exterior wall surfaces! We also offer exterior wall insulation and Coloured renders.
4. Paint and Coating product range?
- Clear Coat transparent waterproof wall coatings for unpainted brick and stone.
- Coloured Spray applied Andura Wall coatings.
- Through coloured render wall coatings.
- House painting and decorating (exteriors)
- Thermally insulated rendering
- Solid wall external insulation
All our resin based products are manufactured on our behalf by Andura of Oxford.
5. How do we apply our Wall Coatings?
Our expert teams repair the exterior of your house or other building and apply, by a special spray machine, a long life protective wall coating as an alternative to yearly re painting with normal masonry paint.
“We also specialist in repairing, replacing and coating pebbledash.!“
We also have a coloured render, which is applied by hand.
6. How much an exterior coating cost?
Well, you may have guessed that we cannot give an exact price on this site as to be honest we have to see the house in question as there are lots of different factors related to pricing up a house that needs painting.
A price enquiry is FREE and does NOT commit you to purchasing from us.
7. How to arrange a free survey and quote.
That’s the very easy part. Please either go to the CONTACT PAGE or call the NPA team on (0800) 970 4928 for an informal chat about how we can help you. All details are held in confidence and we do not operate any form of cold calling or telemarketing with anyone’s details.
8. Paying for a Wall coating.
As we are part of a larger group, we are happy to accept payment for work in either UK pounds sterling, Ulster pounds, Scottish pounds, Gibraltar pounds or Euros. A deposit is payable in most cases, to cover manufacturing costs.
9. Service coverage area
We cover the whole of the UK, including Scotland, England, Wales, Ulster and the Isle of Man. If you would like to have your house painted, please contact us to check that we do work in your area.
10. Overseas clients
We also have agents in Spain, Portugal, France and Gibraltar. Please note we act as referrers in Mainland Europe and NPA does not carry out the work in Europe, but an approved and vetted agent does this on our behalf and therefore your guarantee would be with them, not us.
11.Wall Coating benefits
Wall Coatings stop all types of damp.
- Eliminate condensation in the home.
- Cuts wind chill.
- lowers heating bills.
- Eliminates the need to repaint every year.
- Available in any colour, including transparent.
- A range of finishes, from smooth to coarse.
- Suitable for ALL types of wall surface and FULLY BREATHABLE.
- Fully protects your home against the weather.
- Applied by skilled installation teams.
- Over 24 years proof of performance.
- Walls fully repaired before application.
- Wall Coating service available ALL YEAR ROUND.
- Each job takes between 3 days and 10 days depending on weather and size.
12. Application of wall coatings.
We have a diverse range of exterior renders and weatherproof wall coatings and each one is applied in a different fashion. Some are applied by hand, such as coloured render, external insulation etc, and some are sprayed on.
13. Jobs we don’t do.
We will not work on homes which are subject to land or ownership disputes, not houses that are in a structurally dangerous condition or at severe risk of flood or from traffic collisions. We also do not work on wooden clad buildings.
We also do NOT recommend exterior wall coatings to be applied to Garden walls, nor UPVC, Glass, hung slate or hung tiles.
14. So if I contact you, what happens next?
We speak to you 1st (by phone or email) at your request, to find out your exact requirements and give you ample time to check us out if you wish. Please feel free to ask for any information.
At no time are you obligated, or placed under pressure, to buy our service. The choice is yours, not ours.
We then arrange a date and time to visit you in your home and survey your building (FREE of charge) and prepare a written specification and quote for you.
The free survey and site visit can take as little as 30 minutes to a maximum 2 hours depending on size of building and your requirements.
If you need us to stay longer than that, for example, on a particularity tricky or large project, we are more than happy to do so, it is what we are here for!
We do what you ask us to do!
We point out any problems you may have on the outside of your house such as hollow render, pebbledash, damp patches or cracks etc. and explain what has happened and how we can fix it.
We then show you samples of our product and photos of previous jobs.
We then calculate a total price for you which is in writing and is a guaranteed price with no hidden charges or surprises.
We will beat the price of any competitor, and more!
If you decide to go ahead and have the work done, we prepare some simple paperwork with you, outlining exactly what work we are doing for you for a fixed price. We then take photographic records of the present state of your house. You may then also choose from a range of 12 standard colours, or over 2,000 specially made colours.
15. Reasons to choose Never Paint Again
There are many reasons, so instead of going on and on about how good we are (!), here is why we think you should choose us.
- We have been doing this sort of thing since 1986!
- We use only the BEST products (BBA approved) and the best teams.
- One application of an Exterior wall coating means no more painting for at least 15 years.
- Our coating system pays for itself over time.
- All damp cured, including cold walls, mould or algae.
- Discounts available. (please ask your local rep.)
- Friendly, genuine and courteous staff.
- All work and materials (insurance backed) guaranteed for 15 years.
16. Getting a speculative quote
We can only deal with the legal owner of a house, in order to survey it and provide you with a price.
This is for insurance reasons and also to protect the privacy of the ACTUAL owner of the house. If you are thinking of buying a house, you can send us a photo and we can provide a ROUGH ESTIMATE without visiting, if that helps, but we would not guarantee anywhere around that price until a survey is done by us.
17. scaffolding needed or not?
In many cases, no, however we need to survey the house to see if scaffolding is required. We often work from ladders, use “cherry pickers” (lifting platforms) or portable scaffolding but don;t worry, we arrange everything as part of the price.
18. Do you paint Listed buildings?
Yes, we do work on listed buildings and we have a lot of experience in sympathetically restoring the exteriors of many GRADE 2 listed buildings.
Please view our project archives to see some of the listed buildings we have worked on.
19. The NPA website
The website is here to provide as much information about the system and also to showcase the great work of our various independent, accredited dealers across Europe. This does NOT mean that we are expensive as we’re not!
20.I want the lowest cost!
The work, and any warranty agreement is between you and the contractor who would do the work.
This ensures the highest quality throughout our organization and it means overheads are kept to a minimum, coupled with group buying power, means you can get have the BEST job, with the BEST materials, in many cases, CHEAPER than a smaller wall coating company, and in some cases CHEAPER than going direct to the factory!
21. What about Insurances?
Yes, all teams carry the correct insurance and posses the correct skills and training, to ensure a trouble free time of working on your property.
22. My Question has still not been answered!
To contact us today, CLICK HERE.